Cyber-security Support Services
“A single vulnerability is all an attacker needs.”
- Chief Security Officer Window Snyder from Fastly Inc.,
an American cloud computing services provider.
The Multi-State Information Sharing and Analysis Center (MS-ISAC) exists to improve the overall cybersecurity posture of state, local, tribal, and territorial (SLTT) governments and is designated as the key resource for cyber threat prevention, protection, response, and recovery. Through its 24/7 Security Operations Center, the MS-ISAC serves as a focal point for situational awareness and incident response for SLTT governments, providing real-time network monitoring, early cyber threat warnings and advisories, vulnerability identification, and mitigation and incident response.
Collaboration and information sharing among SLTT government entities is crucial. MS-ISAC provides a centralized forum for information sharing on cyber threats between the Federal Government and SLTT entities through a variety of services, while providing opportunities to analyze and correlate information among SLTT membership. Membership is free to all SLTT governmental bodies, including the private-sector!
The Middle Peninsula Planning District Commission, representing six counties and three towns, recently became a member of MS-ISAC to receive these outstanding benefits and services:
· 24/7 Security Operation Center
· Incident Response Services
· Cybersecurity Advisories and Notifications
· Access to Secure Portals for Communication and Document Sharing
· Cyber Alert Map
· Malicious Code Analysis Platform (MCAP)
· Weekly Top Malicious Domains/IP Report
· Monthly Members-only Webcasts
· Access to Cybersecurity Table-top Exercises
· Vulnerability Management Program (VMP)
· Nationwide Cyber Security Review (NCSR)
· Awareness and Education Materials
To Join MS-ISAC go to https://www.cisecurity.org/ms-isac/, and click on the “Join MS-ISAC” button on the page. For more information on cybersecurity best practices, contact me at Jessica@bgllc.net.